The recent USCIS announcement on January 26, 2023, is vital for employers participating in the H1-B cap season 2024. For every financial year, USCIS issues 85000 new H1-B visas, of which 65000 fall under the bachelor’s cap and 20000 under the master’s cap. Accessing the H1-B benefits starts with registration, followed by a lottery. Then, 90 days are given to all petitioners to file petitions for every prospective beneficiary employee whose registration gets picked up during the lottery process.
Want to know about the H1-B Cap Season 2024 filing process?
H1-B cap season 2024 announcement
The January 26 announcement is about the start date of the registration process, which is the first step for H1-B cap season filing for the fiscal year 2023-24. As per the announcement, USCIS H1-B registration online platform will start accepting applications from March 1, 2023, and the window for the same will remain open for petitioners till March 17, 2023, at noon Eastern time.
If we look at the fine print of the announcement, there are a few essential things sponsoring employers filing for the Cap season 2024 should know.
- USCIS will issue a confirmation number at the end of each registration meant only for tracking any registration status.
- The fee for the H1-B registration for the cap season 2024 is $10 per registration.
- March 31, 2023, is an important date for every petitioner. If USCIS doesn’t receive sufficient registrations during the period, they will notify further details on that date.
- Any petitioner will be able to register multiple beneficiaries during any single session. If we go by previous experience, the number is 250.
- For the cap season 2024, the treasury department has approved an increase in the credit card transaction limit of $39,999.99 per day, which would smoothen the process in the current year.
Interested in knowing more? Check our H1-B cap season 2024 guide.
If you are one of the petitioners, we recommend staying prepared with the necessary documents and information as the period is short. Any hasty decision can lead to typo errors, duplicate entries, and similar others, reducing the probability of getting H1-B which can hamper your recruitment plan for the next financial year.
For any support for the H1-B cap season 2024, Law Offices of Prashanthi Reddy is always by your side.