All those employers for whom USCIS approved their H1-B registrations in March 2021 must keep in mind that we are already on the 45th day out of 90 days allowed for filing the H-1B petition for H-1B 2023 season.
The current episode tries to answer some of the essential questions related to the H-1B petition, which every employer should know.
- What is the correct definition of an H-1B visa?
- How does the law define specialty occupation, an essential component of the H-1B visa?
- What is the annual limit on the number of new H-1B visas issued by USCIS during each petition season?
- What is the process of filing the H-1B petition, and what things should one avoid in the 2023 H-1B season?
- What are essential things any beneficiary should keep in mind for staying in H-1B status?
- What if there is a substantial change in the job against which the H-1B visa is approved?
- Does the H-1B has to be working at all times?
- Can the beneficiary travel while in H-1B status?
- How can an H-1B beneficiary file for a green card?